Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I found this recipe thanks to Pinterest. Well technically I rediscovered it. I have started going through my own pins verses going through every one else's pins for ideas. With over 11,000 (omg that's insane, I need a life) pins, I suppose I should focus on doing something with them. So here is one lovely, easy recipe that the family loved and gobbled up in a quick 24hrs.


Here's what you will need;

2 cups brown sugar
2/3 cups softened butter
3 eggs (whisked)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used a dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate mix, but it's up to you!)

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. 
Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. 
In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder, salt and flour together. Pour into butter mix and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Grease a 9x13 pan and press the dough into the pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Oven temps will vary. It will still be pretty gooey, but shouldn't still look like raw dough. 
They are so rich I love to serve them with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Adapted from I Heart Naptime


Enjoy!

No comments