Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

Happy Tuesday every one! 

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and are having a lovely week so far!

Today I decided to share one of my all time favorite recipes!


We had some friends over for dinner last week and I forgot to plan something for desert (I know, so shocking, so rare!) but when I saw a bag of shredded coconut in the pantry I figured I should whip these up. These are really quick and easy to make, and not only do they look impressive, they are so yummy!

Here's what you need; 

2/3 cup and 2 tbsp flour
1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tsp salt
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 and ½ tsp almond or vanilla extract
1/2 cup  semi-sweet or dark chocolate, melted

1 tablespoon shortening 

Preheat oven to 325°F

Toss together flour, coconut and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir sweetened condensed milk and extract together into the coconut mixture until fully incorporated. 


Using a small cookie scooper, scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake macaroons for about 15-20 minutes or until they begin to brown.

To melt the chocolate add the shortening to the chocolate and microwave on high in increments of 20 seconds until fully melted. The shortening helps ensure the chocolate is smooth and helps thin it out just a bit to aid in drizzling.

Once macaroons are cooled, dip the bottoms in melted chocolate, drizzling the tops with chocolate, and setting them on wax paper. Serve once the chocolate is hardened.


Sine I had only about 30 minutes till our guests arrived, I put the chocolate drizzled macaroons in the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden up the chocolate in time. Works like a charm! Just don't forget to pull them out so you don't have frozen macaroons! 

I promise, even people who don't like coconut will love these! Because I don't normally like coconut!

Adapted from Kin Community


No comments