Wildflower's Fresh Veggie Omelette - Under 300 Calories

I've become slightly obsessed with omelettes as of late. I eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner. They are so quick and easy to whip up, flavorful and healthy! Here is one of my favorite omelette's as of late.




What you will need; 

1 large mushroom washed and chopped
Handful of fresh spinach
2 tablespoons pico de gallo
3 tablespoons cheese of your choice
3 egg whites 
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste



Chop mushroom and place with spinach in a small pan. Drizzle with olive oil.



Saute on medium heat till spinach is wilted



Turn off the heat and remove veggies from pan and set aside. 

Next, add the egg whites to the pan and cook on low heat. I buy the egg whites in the carton which is pretty cheap and lasts a while so I don't have to waste any yolks. Follow the directions on the carton to know how much to use. I use about 3 tablespoons. 

The pan should still have enough oil left over from sauteing the veggies, but add more if it doesn't look oiled to prevent any sticking.

Most people recommend flipping the egg to ensure both sides are fully cooked. I hate dealing with flipping it, so I put a lid on it and this cooks both sides nicely. Easy!  



After about 1 and 1/2 minutes add the cheese, salt and pepper, and cover again, cooking for another 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.



Add veggies,



Fold and serve!




Enjoy!

No comments